Having a professional website for your business is an essential element of your brand strategy. A brand strategy is a plan that encompasses specific, long-term goals you want to achieve. Your website is the first impression you give your customers. To illustrate, 75% of people judge a business by their website. If your website is subpar, a consumer will leave your site and move on to your competitor’s site.
- 87% of consumer purchase decisions start with searching something online. If your website is not optimized, irrelevant, messy, unprofessional, or unattractive, your website will not show up in the search results.
- 89% of consumers will not return to a website if they have a bad experience. This includes your site taking a long time to load, webpages have errors, the layout is unorganized, and more!
- You have 15 seconds to capture a viewer’s attention. Viewer’s only take about 05 seconds to form an opinion about your website.
- Slow-loading websites lead to a $2.6 billion revenue loss each year.
Building Brand Credibility
Building brand credibility starts with a strong, professional website. As we stated above, if your website looks amateurish, you’re leaving a horrible impression with a potential customer. A professional website will make your presence known, and furthermore, affirms your business is a legitimate source of expertise.
As of October 2021, there were 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide, which is almost 62% of the global population. Unlike a brick-and-mortar store, a website can serve thousands of consumers in seconds.
If consumers aren’t searching for your brand specifically, it is very hard to get noticed in an oversaturated market. Having a professional website enables your business to implement techniques where you can stand out from the rest. If done correctly, you can appear on the first page of the search results, as well as reach thousands of people daily.
Standing Out From the Competition
It doesn’t matter if you’re a small company or a well-established business: your audience will base their opinion of your business off of your website. If your competitors’ website is superior to yours, the consumer will leave your site and head to theirs. This results in you missing out on opportunities to set yourself apart from the rest.
Stats: Consumer Opinion on Website
- 38% of consumers say they will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive.
- 39% of consumers will stop engaging with a website if images will not load or take too long to load.
Facilitating Interaction with Customers
Not only can you maintain relationships with current customers, but a website can also connect you with potential customers.
One of the easiest ways to foster a connection with consumers is with transparency. Let them see your products or services and the people who help create them. Show off the who, the how, and the why of your business. This enables consumers to empathize and understand a brand.
Ways to Connect with Consumers Online
- Videos: A custom-produced video introduces your company, connecting with a consumer personally.
- Testimonials/Reviews: Displaying reviews on your website builds trust, confidence, and is a great way to show consumers that you value their opinion.
- Links to Social Media: Your website can be the window that allows consumers to find you on social media. You can link an icon that will send consumers directly to your account, as well as insert your social media feed onto your website.
A Professional Website Saves You Time and Money
Business owners need to dedicate their time carefully. One-on-one interaction with consumers is always very important, but sometimes you’re just too busy to answer every question. With a professional website, you can save yourself time by implementing features that help consumers answer questions.
Through a Website You Can:
- Provide general information about your business, including products and services
- Utilize inbound marketing, creating valuable content and experiences tailored to consumers, to advertise new products and sales
- Have a FAQ page that covers most commonly asked questions
There are many moving parts when it comes to a website. From customizing design to building a user-friendly site, it plays a critical role in how your business is portrayed. Because 97% of consumers search on mobile devices, it’s crucial to have a site that also functions on mobile. You will save yourself a lot of time, money, and headaches by having a professional website.
With a Professional Website You Can Also Save Money:
- On marketing: You can advertise your business 24-7, update information immediately (and get it to consumers to immediately) and reduce spending on printed marketing material.
- By implementing analytics: Analytics will capture insights on your customers and your business.
- By reducing customer service costs: Without pertinent information on your website, consumers are going to call to find answers. You can save money on personnel costs by not having to hire as many people to manage customer service.
There are a plethora of reasons to have a professional website for your business. You need to think about what you’re trying to accomplish. Are you selling products online? Do you need an easier way for customers to fill out forms? Are you looking to gain more exposure?
Regardless of your specific goal, there are everlasting benefits to having a professional website. There are over 3.5 billion searches a day on Google. Additionally, 95% of all web traffic visits the sites on first page of the search results. If your business isn’t online or if you have an outdated, slow loading, or unattractive website, you will not show up in the search results. Ultimately, this causes a loss in revenue.
At SCB Video TV Marketing, we believe that our success is only as good as the success our services bring to our clients. In the last decade technology has transformed greatly, creating a more digital world than ever. We know the urgency for businesses to get to the forefront digitally in an oversaturated market. Our services include website development, videography, photography, business marketing, and more. Call us today for more information or visit us online.