Content marketing is a strategic marketing process that involves creating relevant, valuable, and consistent content that attracts the right audience to your brand. In today’s digital age, consumers expect high-quality, consistent content when browsing online and making purchasing decisions.
In addition to attracting visitors to your website, ads, or store front, having quality content is a factor search engines use when ranking websites to display in the search results. It is a practice that not only benefits the brand but benefits the consumer by solving their problem. There are over 5 billion searches a day on Google alone. This is a massive opportunity to get your business at the forefront of the search results.
Now that we have covered the importance of quality content, let’s talk about benefits:
- Brand Awareness – Brand awareness is not only remembering a business name, but also the products and services the brand provides, and how you felt about the business. Brand awareness is very important because it is the first step in the marketing funnel.
- Audience Trust – You are creating value to the consumer without asking for anything in return, and answering any questions they may have, improving the brands reputation and building trust with the consumer.
- Audience Revisits – High-quality content leads consumers to browse around on your site and compel them to come back for more information.
- Leads – When consumers read your content, they are more likely to return to you to make a purchase. Pro Tip: Utilize call-to-actions in every piece of content you produce.
- Original Content Improves Conversions – Original content and images enables your audience to connect with the brand. Content that gives consumers information to make educated purchases is a free benefit provided by the brand and will influence conversions.
- Content Positioning You as an Authority – As mentioned earlier, search engines utilize content as one of the many factors when ranking your brand in the search results. If you establish yourself as a credible source for information, you will likely gain authority and rank higher.
- Beneficial to SEO – The more consistent, high-quality content you produce, the better it is for SEO. Pro Tip: Unorganized and overlapping content will make your pieces compete with one another.
- Traction on Social Media – The average person has over 8 social media accounts, spending an average of almost 2 ½ hours a day on social media platforms. Creating trendy, relevant, high-quality content to increase your brand on social media.
- Loyal Brand Fans – Think about a time where you purchased something from a brand you stumbled upon and told your friends and family about it. What about a time where you saw something cool on social media and reposted the information?
These types of acts create advocates for your brand, and one of the most successful ways to do this is with content marketing.
Content marketing is one of the strongest forms of digital marketing. There are a multitude of benefits to producing high-quality content, such as creating brand awareness, building trust with your audience (resulting in shared content), growing site traffic and conversions, and getting ranked in search engine results (wider audience reach).
To be successful however, you need unique, relevant content that tells an audience who you are while providing them with a simple benefit: answers. Ask yourself the following questions:
“What questions can I answer for a consumer as it relates to my brand?”
“What message do I want to tell my audience?”
“How can I build trust with my brand to create loyal fans?”
High-quality content is not cut and dry, nor is it a simple task, but it can be done with a creative content strategy. With a solid content marketing plan, you will begin to build relationships and watch your brand blossom. At SCB, we specialize in helping businesses create marketing plans that include a content strategy. Contact us today for your marketing needs.